KAS is offering a Cloud Database Subscription for the KAS Lock-S Software. This means you can connect to your lock software from any laptop anywhere in the world. Awesome, right?! The Cloud Database Subscription gives you and your staff the flexibility to manage access to your property rooms from any laptop. Each laptop must have an active Lock-S Software license and must initially be set up by KAS before you can utilise the Cloud Database Subscription. The setup and configurations are done by KAS using remote login.
- Do you prefer to have remote access to your Lock-S Software?
- Do you want to unlock your doors from your laptop remotely?
- Do you want automatic and secure backups of your lock database system?
If the answer is yes to the above questions, then the Cloud Subscription is for you!
What you get?:
- KAS will host your lock software database in the cloud.
- This means your reception computer and any other computer will get live access to your lock software database over the internet.
- With a Cloud Database, you can do all the things you would from the reception computer on a remote laptop.
- It means for any laptop, anywhere in the world, can log in to the software and send mobile keys or remote unlock
- The databases will reside in the Cloud and the reception computer and any laptops will all use this same database.
- There will be a monthly cost for this cloud database.
What are the costs and terms?:
- $150.00 setup fee: once off
- Minimum term: 3 months.
- No cancellation fee
- Canceled plans halfway through the month will be charged for the remaining month.
How does it work and what is the process?:
- After you have agreed to the terms, KAS will connect to your computer and download the latest copy of your database.
- KAS will set up the cloud connection and configure your reception computer to the cloud database.
- All your existing data will remain and you do not have to reprogram any doors.
- All existing software will need to be reconnected to the new database, KAS will do this Free of charge.
- Any additional laptops or software to be installed will require an additional license fee. No extra setup fee for additional laptops.
Do I have to use the Cloud Database Subscription?:
No, the Cloud Database Subscription is completely optional. If you do not want to go with the Cloud Database Subscription, you don’t need to tell us either, we assume all customers will not use it and will set up their lock software in the normal way on the reception computer.
Will this affect the Integration Toolkit?
No, KAS will ensure the Integration Toolkit is installed on the Cloud Server for your site. There will be no effect to the Integration Toolkit. However, you will not see it running on your machine as it will be running in the Cloud Server. You will need to contact KAS if you wish to make any changes to the Integration Toolkit. These changes are done FOC. Changes include turning the Integration Toolkit on or off and changing application settings.
Find out more about the Integration Toolkit here
Ok, I’m ready! How do I get started?:
Great news! We love giving customers like yourselves cloud access to your lock software. Click the link below. Once you’ve paid for the setup fee, we will contact you and get it underway.
Terms and Conditions:
- The general terms and conditions of purchase at https://kas.com.au/qsotc/ apply to the Cloud SQL Database subscription.
- The speed of the internet may vary from site to site and KAS will not be responsible for issues/delays caused on sites that cannot access their software due to the lack of internet.
Notes and Requirements:
- – This subscription is only compatible with Lock-S Software.
- – Please note: any computer using the Cloud Subscription will always need internet for the lock software to function. Please consider the suitability for this carefully.
- – Please note: if you have poor internet, you might have a slower/laggy experience. Even when conducting a command that does not directly use the online commands such as issuing a card.
- – Call us and talk to a tech expert if you want to find out more.