KAS Z-Wave Digital Lock
KAS Z-Wave Digital Lock
The KAS Wireless Z-Wave Door Lock offers the flexible versatility of a wireless and keyless locking solution. The lock is integrated with the popular Z-Wave network protocol, which can be integrated into home and building automation solutions. It features a remote pin code change, remote unlocking, master pin code change, low battery warning, an emergency key override and many more safety features.
Z-Wave is an innovative, next-generation wireless home automation technology system offering advanced capabilities that make it the most flexible solution for all home automation systems. It can be used to remotely control almost every electronic device in your household from thermostats and lighting, to electronic audio and video equipment. It uses simple, reliable, low-power radio waves which easily travel through walls, floors and furniture ensuring that your Z-Wave network is secure and effective.
You can find more information on Z-Wave controllers and products for Smart Home Automation at: Z-Wave Home Automation Australia (www.zwave.com.au)
The KAS Z-Wave lock includes:
- Master code – You have the ability to change the Master code.
- User codes – Program up to 10 different user codes.
- Remote code change – Integrated into the Z-Wave device, the automation management software has the ability to set up, change and revoke the code remotely without being at the lock.
- Remote unlocking – Using the software interface, the door can be unlocked and locked remotely. It also provides the current status change when the door is locked or unlocked.
- Low battery warning – The lock will emit a tone notifying the owner to replace the batteries. Normal battery use is approx 12-16 months.
- Emergency key override – Includes mechanical key barrel and 2 x keys for manual override.
- Illuminated Keypad – The keypad does not have mechanical buttons, which means your secret pin cannot be traced.
- Z-Wave networking enabled – The wireless lock is a certified Z-Wave device, which can be integrated easily with any Z-Wave certified home automation system (Australian version). Please note that the available user functions may depend on the functionality of your particular Z-Wave home controller.
- Free Passage mode – put this device is permanent unlocked mode by keypad programming.
Z-Wave Plus and Free Passage Modes:
- DIY Programming with Rasberry – You can do your own programming to this device with a Rasberry or similar. Ask for the Technical Documentation and KAS can provide you the COMMAND CLASS to control the door lock.
- VERA – The COMMAND_CLASS_DOOR_LOCK function allows the door lock to be in Constant Open mode by the z-wave parameter. You can return the door lock back to auto-locking with the same command. It is known that Vera controllers support this function.
- Z-Wave Plus compatible – this device is compatible with fifth generation or gen-5 Zwave products.
- Handle Direction – View the product images to determine your handle direction. Left handle swing or Right handle swing.
- 1. PRODUCT MANUAL
- 2. Z-WAVE AND VERA WIRELESS CONNECTION INSTRUCTIONS
- 3. FREE PASSAGE MODE SETTING
- 4. Z-WAVE TECHNICAL COMMAND CLASS PARAMETERS
Vera Module Controller:
KAS recommends Vera Home controllers, which are fully compatible with this lock and available for purchase with this product ($260.00).
Please feel free to ask us for more information on the Wireless KAS Z-Wave Door Lock or download the full user guide and production information sheets below:
Weight 2.2 kg Door Opening
Custom: upon request
921.42 MHz AUS Standard
Q: How do you set up the Z-Wave so that you can unlock from your phone anywhere?
A: You will need to purchase a Z-Wave modem, such as the Vera 3, in order to use the function that allows mobile control from anywhere around the world. Once you have both elements you simply install the lock and connect the modem to the house that the lock is set up at and follow the user manual instructions.
Q: How far away can you program the lock from your mobile device once the modem is set up?
A: Anywhere around the world!
Q: Does the Z-Wave come with some kind of warranty?
A: Yes! A 12-month warranty and 14-day money back guarantee comes with all KAS products.